It needs no brains to understand why home-made juices are healthier than processed juices which come in tetra packs. The nutritional value of processed juices gets attenuated with the addition of preservatives. They are heated and pasteurized, there by killing all essential vitamins and minerals. Fresh juice not only has the nutritional value intact, but also has vital minerals, natural antibiotics and antioxidants which are very crucial for a good health.
Majority of the people from the global village now prefer fresh home-made juice to processed juice. But there is a small kind of confusion among the people on which is the best juicer to buy. With people becoming more and more health conscious, quality of intake has become paramount. So naturally the urge to buy the best juicer becomes greater.
Types of Juicer Machines
There are a few things you should know before deciding upon the best juicer to buy. Electronic juicers are fundamentally of two types, centrifugal juicer machines and masticating juicer machines. It is important to understand the difference between both these machines in order to understand which of these, is the best juicer to buy.
Centrifugal juicer machines normally operate at high speeds. The Revolutions per Minute (RPM) starts from 3,500 and can go up to even 14,000. Masticating juicer machines run at very slow speeds with the Revolutions per Minute being only 80. Are these technical specifications that important to the buyer? The answer is yes. It would be wrong to assume that centrifugal juicer machines would be a better buy because of its speed. It is better to go for a masticating juicer.
Centrifugal juicer machines are not generally preferred in the house hold because of the high speed. The high speed generates heat. This kills the essential vitamins and minerals. Even the extraction of juices from the fruits is also not up to the maximum limit. The perfect way to extract juice is by using masticating juicer machines. These machines with their low RPM masticates or chews the fruit with a cold press in order to extract the maximum juice without killing the crucial natural nutrients.
Best masticating juicer machine – a guide to the buyers
Here are some tips that could be helpful for you to take a decision on the best juicer to buy.
1. The speed should be of a low RPM.
2. It is important for the filter basket to be corrosion free. Frequent corrosion may spoil the quality of the juice. There is also a disadvantage of changing the filter basket again and again due to frequent corrosions.
3. The masticating juicer should be simple, yet compact.
4. It should be easy to clean.
5. Should have flexible assembling and de-assembling system.
6. Should be easily carried to from one place to another and also should be easy to handle even on the move.
7. The use of masticating juicer machine should not be limited. Additional uses like mincing, chopping, making frozen desserts, grinding, extruding soy milk and pasta, making nut butter and also making baby food would be an added advantage to the buyer.
8. Should be suitable for green leafy vegetables. The juicer should be good for juicing leafy vegetables.
9. The masticating juicer machine should not make noise and should operate quietly.
10. You should look for a minimum of 10 year warranty before zeroing down the best juicer to buy.
11. The juice produced should not have foam content.
12. The juicer should reduce the amount of pesticides in the juice it extracts and at the same time, keep all the essential nutrients like vitamins and minerals intact.