11 Foods To Stock In The Fridge To Make Healthy Eating Easy
Eating healthy today presents lots of challenges. There’s the whole willpower thing to subdue, which is huge considering how many great bakeries existin the U.S. alone. Then, there’s the planning that goes into how to pull it off with such a busy schedule — unhealthy foods always seem to be easier to find in a pinch. But there is a way to make it easier, and it all starts with the fridge.
If you take the time to stock your fridge with the right foods, healthy eating becomes a cinch. Especially if you stock these 11 items 😛 TAGEND
1. Cooked whole grains like quinoa, barley, wheat berries or farro. Whole grains take longer to cook than refined grains like white rice, so it’s a good idea to double or triple the batch when you induce some. Then you’ll have filling grains to complement a nutritious dinner, turn into a grain salad or beef up a regular salad into a more substantial meal.
2. Homemade garmenting . Store-bought salad dressings are often loaded with sugar. If you make your own at home, you can eliminate that sneaky ingredient and boost flavor, too — homemade dressing is so much tastier . Induce a whole bottle’s worth, it’ll maintain for a long while. 3. Pre-roasted veggies . Roasted veggies — like broccoli and cauliflower — taste like a treat. The slight caramelization sweetens them just so, constructing them a satisfying midday snack all on their own. And they’re also a great addition for attaining salads or veggie bowls even better. 4. Peanut butter . Trust us. Peanut butter is full of protein. It makes a great snack on celery sticks, apple slices and a simple slice of whole grain bread. It’s also a great way to make smoothies more filling and oatmeal, too.
5. Chopped veggies. Loading up your fridge with healthy fruits and veggies is one thing, but if they require clean, peeling and chopping, the vegetables likely won’t be what you reach for when you need a snack in a pinch. Take a few cases extra minutes to prep them after unloading groceries from the supermarket. Your busy run week will thank you.
6. Hard-boiled eggs. Best, quickest protein-filled snack ever. Plus, they can also be was transformed into a healthy sandwich and are great salad toppers, too.
7. Cheese . Most of us are taught that cheeses are not a good notion when trying to stay healthy, but this is not always the case. Some cheeses, like feta and Parmesan, are much healthier than you’d gues. And they add a creamy flavor to foods that will help kerb cravings when the savor for something rich should strike. 8. Already-washed greens . Ask yourself this: Are you really going to make a salad if you have to wash the greens first? Storing the greens ready to eat get you one step closer to making a wise meal choice. 9. Plain yogurt . Whether Greek or regular yogurt is your thing, this is one versatile ingredient that definitely deserves a spot in your healthy fridge. Not only does it make a great breakfast or quick snack, but it’s also very useful in as a healthy ingredient replace for more indulgent foods, like sour cream.( Simply stay away from the flavored ones, which can be loaded with sugar .)
10. Healthy drink options. Think homemade iced teas and spa water. It’s the easiest way to stay hydrated when you can’t possibly imagine drinking another glass of water without reaching for sodas or juices.
11. Nutritious condiments — yes, there were! Set down the ketchup and reaching for the miso paste. Tahini, harissa, pesto and salsas are also great options. These healthy condiments are great drizzled on top of dishes to keep your snacks interesting, and they’re also a great ingredient for cook, too.
Stock up on these 11 ingredients today, and see how much easier — and tastier — healthy eating becomes!
Related on HuffPost :
Read more: www.huffingtonpost.com